What information do we collect?
By default, we don't collect any personally identifiable information from our user's devices. All videos and recordings are stored locally on your device, and we can't remotely view any of your recordings.
However, some optional features on GhostTube will require additional information from you, such as:
- If you create a GhostTube account, you may be required to provide your email address for the purpose of authenticating and managing your account.
- If you use the haunted locations map, you may be asked to provide your location so that we can show you nearby haunted locations.
- If you create posts on the Explore tab, then your posts may be visible to other users, including any photos, videos or links shared in your post.
What permissions does the app request and why?
There are a couple of permissions that are absolutely necessary for our app's basic functionality to work. These are:
- Camera permissions - Our app is a video camera app that allows you to record your paranormal investigations. Without this permission, your videos would just be black. We can't remotely see your camera or recordings, and its only used while the app is opened.
- Microphone permissions - Our app is a video camera app that allows you to record your paranormal investigations. Without this permission, your videos would have no audio. We can't remotely listen to your microphone or recordings, and its only used while the app is open. We do not use any microphone input to generate words, sounds or images.
There are some additional permissions that are completely optional. They may only be requested when using certain features of our app, and they are perfectly fine to deny (the app's basic functionality will still work):
- Push notifications - This is an optional requirement and the app will work just fine if you deny this permission. As our app is a social media app, that allows investigators to share and comment on each others evidence, this permission allows us to notify you when somebody you follow posts content, when someone comments or likes your own content and recommended content for you. If you deny this permission, you may not be aware when users are engaging with your posts.
- Location permissions - This is an optional requirement and will only be asked if you use the haunted locations map feature. When using this feature, our app uses your location to show you haunted locations near you. We don't store or track your location, and its only used at a single point in time to provide you the nearby haunted locations. If you deny this location, the haunted location recommendations may not be accurate.
Still need help?